Friday, May 22, 2009

It gets better

Today Val and I took it very easy until around 1600, when we went down to the pedestrian area of Garmisch and had another look around. From there we found our way to the "Partnachklamm," a beautiful gorge through the alps. I think this may be the prettiest place I've seen on earth. We walked up the gorge and then to the top of a mountain, where the view was unbelievable. It was quite a hump to get to the top of the mountain, but it was well worth it. The beauty is indescribable and these pictures really don't do it justice. Take my word for it, though, it is gorgeous. At the top of the mountain, in addition to an incredible view there was a farmer's field and goats. It's like the "Sound of Music" or "Heidi," but in real life. Here's the rushing water in the gorge:

Here's the field and part of the view at the top:

Here's a goat who looked like he was about to charge:

And here's a picture of the beautiful sky up there:

Finally, I tried a video. Let's see if this works...


1 comment:

  1. I was stationed at Turley Barraks from November 1969 to January 1971. I lived in an apartment on Weinheimer Strass in Veirnheim. I was sent to Turley as a clerk but was given the job as chaplain's assistant when Tom Bryant went home. Major Leroy Sisk was our chaplain and he allowed me to live in the church after my wife left Germany in September 1970. I had a room on the 2nd floor. I have such good memories. It was wonderful. My wife and I returned to Turley in 2012 d were fortunate to be there when retreat was sounded and the colors were taken down. The base was closing in the near future and we were able to tour the facility at our leasure. The day was wonderful!!! Gary Banta parsqualy48@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete